CPR Course: Post-Conference, SUNDAY - 16 October, 9am to 1pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: In a general update on the 7 September 2022, the ODOB advised that practitioners need both NZQA standards 6401 and 6402 as the minimum requirements for CPR. We are offering the following blended option to ensure compliance with this requirement. Please book your course at least a week in advance of the 13 October to allow for the online learning component.
The blended course will involve part online and part classroom setting. The online component will take around 2-3 hours to complete and must be completed by everyone prior to the practical session. The practical part will be 4 hours.
- the blended option will include a certificate that indicates that the participant has successfully completed a course of instruction in workplace first aid covering US 6401 and US 6402.
- The cost for this course is $150.00 + GST for up to 16 participants.
- The certificates are valid for 2 years from the date of the course.
Unit Standard 6402
- Scene Management
- Primary Survey
- CPR - Adult, Child, Infant
- AED use
- Choking - Adult, Child, Infant
Unit Standard 6401
- Bleeding & Shock
- Trauma (Injury)
- Fractures, sprains & dislocations
- Medical Conditions (Asthma, Heart attack, Diabetes, Stroke, Seizures)
Please note: If you are intending to become a COVID vaccinator, you need to attend a CPR course that includes adrenalin administration.